Our success is based on our relationship with strong partners. For many years, we have enjoyed a relationship based on trust with the Swiss municipalities and the aid organisations involved with TEXAID. More and more cities and municipalities are coming to rely on our skill and experience as textile recyclers.
Participating aid organisations
Two ZEWO-certified Swiss aid organisations have each one sixth share in TEXAID. The distributions from the proceeds go to:
The Swiss Red Cross supports particularly disadvantaged people in Switzerland and abroad in the fields of health, search and rescue, social integration, disaster management and development cooperation. It is assisted by countless volunteers, employees and benefactors. With its five rescue organisations (Samaritans, Rega, SLRG, SMSV, REDOG), 24 cantonal associations and two institutions, the SRC enjoys a unique position in Switzerland. It forms part of a global network alongside 188 national Red Cross and Red Crescent societies.
Solidar Suisse has been striving to create a socially, politically and economically fairer society ever since 1936. Solidar Suisse promotes fair working conditions, democratic participation and respect for human rights in developing and threshold countries. When disasters occur, Solidar provides humanitarian aid and assists with reconstruction, working closely with civil society organisations. Solidar Suisse organises campaigns to raise awareness among the Swiss public of the global interrelationships between poverty, fair work and consumer behaviour.
Municipalities that work together with TEXAID appreciate:
- the daily management of the network of collection bins by TEXAID's professional logistics team using low-emission vehicles
- the optimised emptying cycles and rapid reaction times thanks to the computer-aided logistics system developed by TEXAID itself
- the transparent information about the purpose of the clothes collections indicated on every TEXAID bin
- the optimal collection method developed in association with partners
- the documented ecological and sustainable working methods