Together with our subsidiary CONTEX AG in Switzerland and TEXAID Collection GmbH in Germany, we collect around 80,000 tonnes of used textiles every year, approximately half of which are collected in Switzerland.
When collecting, sorting and recycling textiles, TEXAID and its subsidiaries pay careful attention to ensuring consistent compliance with ecological standards and legal provisions.
Used textiles are collected in bins, through street collections and via our in-shop collection system at selected clothing stores. Thanks to our nationwide presence, our aim is to make it as easy as possible for you to dispose of your used clothes in a sustainable manner. Place your discarded clothes, shoes and home textiles in a tear-resistant plastic bag and close it securely with a tie.
- Clean women's, men's and children's clothes
- Leather clothing and furs
- Clean shoes that are still wearable (attached in pairs)
- Clean table, bed and household linen
- Clean underwear and socks
- Belts and bags
- Down quilts and pillows
We do not collect:
- Non-textile materials
- Heavily soiled clothes or home textiles
- Textile waste or off-cuts
- Mattresses, seat cushions, carpets or insulating materials
- Ski boots, ice skates or inline skates