Environmental and Energy Policy
TEXAID is one of Europe’s leading organisations for the ecological collection, recycling and marketing of used textiles. As such, the company constantly optimises its work processes, quality standards and energy-related services.
TEXAID is committed to meeting its great responsibility towards the environment, people and society. Consequently, continually improving climate and environmental protection is an integral part of the corporate strategy.
TEXAID continually seeks to enhance its environmental, sustainability and climate strategy in order to carry on fostering and expanding its environmentally-responsible and climate-neutral corporate culture. It develops and implements measures to reduce energy consumption in the long term. Providing active and transparent information about its activities and the prerequisites for sustainable textile recycling comes as second nature to TEXAID. TEXAID focuses on the following key objectives:
- Increasing employees’ environmental awareness by offering targeted training and further training. It also offers explanations about topics related to the environment and energy and provides information about the company’s value-adding activities, so that all employees can perform their tasks and activities in a responsible manner. Our objective is to ensure that every employee sets a good example for protecting the environment and saving energy through his or her personal behaviour.
- Guaranteeing the resource-friendly collection, high-quality sorting and ecologically sustainable recycling of textiles. The motto here is 'use before recycling'. In cases in which this is no longer possible, textiles are taken as an intermediate product or raw material to make new products using innovative and environmentally friendly methods.
- Aiming to establish active partnerships with relevant stakeholders and together continually increasing environmental and energy efficiency, fostering close collaboration with municipalities, local authorities and the retail trade in the field of recycling and waste management.
- Paying attention to the environmental impact and economic efficiency of the products and services procured.
- Where possible, using vehicles with environmentally friendly engines (hybrid, gas or electric) from our own vehicle pool or, where this is not possible for technical or economic reasons, at least using vehicles that comply with the current European exhaust standards or higher.
- Taking into account ecological and economic aspects, offering customers services involving combined transportation (road-rail) wherever possible.
- Advocating sustainable climate protection and the active reduction of CO2 emissions.
- We use energy from renewable sources wherever possible and avoid the use of nuclear power.
- Adhering to all laws, directives and restrictions relating to environmentally-oriented and energy-efficient management, as well as to the company’s own environmental and energy policy.
- Regularly measuring resource consumption, emissions and other environmental protection measures, verifying compliance and continuously optimising these measures on the basis of new findings by conducting surveys and audits, whilst issuing information about our efforts both inside and outside the company.