Environmental and Energy Policy
TEXAID is one of Europe’s leading organizations for the ecological collection, recycling and marketing of used textiles. Accordingly, the company is continually optimizing its work processes, quality standards and energy-related Services.
TEXAID is committed to its great responsibility towards the environment, people and society. Consequently, continually improving climate and environmental protection is an integral part of the company’s strategy.
We are continually working to further develop our environmental, sustainability and climate strategy in order to carry on nurturing and expanding our environmentally-responsible and climate-neutral company culture. We are developing and implementing measures for the long-term reduction of energy consumption. Providing active and transparent information about our activities and the framework conditions of sustainable textile recycling comes as second nature to TEXAID. On that basis, TEXAID focuses on the following key objectives:
- Increasing the environmental awareness of our colleagues through targeted training and further training and explaining to them topics related to the environment and energy, as well as the company’s value-adding activities, so that all employees can perform their tasks and activities responsibly. Our objective is that every employee shall set a good example for protecting the environment and saving energy through his or her personal behavior.
- Guaranteeing resource-friendly collection, high-quality sorting and ecologically sustainable recycling of the textiles. The motto here is "use before recycling". In cases in which this is no longer possible, the textiles are used as an intermediate product or raw material for the production of new products using innovative and environmentally sound methods.
- Aiming for active partnerships with relevant players and continually increasing environmental and energy efficiency in collaboration with them. Nurturing close collaboration with communities, local authorities and the retail trade in the field of recycling and waste management in the process.
- Paying attention to the environmental impact and economic efficiency of products and services procured.
- Where possible, using in our own vehicle pool vehicles with environmentally friendly engines (hybrid, gas, electrical) and, where not possible for technical or economic reasons, at least using vehicles that as a minimum comply with the current European exhaust Standards.
- Taking into account ecological and economic aspects, offering the customer services with combined transportation (road-rail) if possible.
- Advocating sustainable climate protection and an active reduction of CO2 emissions.
- Where possible, we use energy from renewable energy sources while refraining from the use of atomic power.
- Adhering to all laws, directives and restrictions relating to environmentally-focused and energy-efficent management, as well as to the company’s own environmental and energy policy.
- Measuring resource consumption, emissions and other environmental protection measures, verification via surveys and audits and continuous optimization based on new findings, along with using these efforts to focus both internally and externally.